Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Set for Sunday June 22

Here's our set list for this coming Sunday, with something new thrown in

God Is Great ( linked to youtube )
How Great is Our God (linked to youtube. Sorry for the Kingeth Jameseth Introductioneth )
here's our new one: You Are Good - or maybe it's We Worship You, I don't know which is correct. You tube linked ( somebody should tell the white guy in the leisure suit that men should take their hat off indoors! )
Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone the Tomlin tune, linked as well.

our 'You Are Good' is close to a Willow Creek version. Still has a ton of B3 organ, and alot more guitar too. Scott, our tenor for the week complimented me ( Thanks Scott ). I hope we can pull it off. Regardless, the Boss did a good job of getting us through the rehearsal. I originally thought this song should have been put throught the shredder, but we actually pulled it off. ( Hey, the header above says I'm cynical, right? ) If the crowd likes it, then I'm in. I wasn't really interested when I heard it, after all we already have one I'm Still Standing , but I may change my mind yet.

My friends are always complimenting me when Worship 'feels good'. Yes, I know, it's about how GOD feels when we place our worship on HIM, but still, can't we strive towards that 'feeling' if it helps folks feel closer to God, or as I like to say it 'fall in love with God all over again'?? Why not help find that feeling? It's not a focus, God is our focus. But, can it be a goal??

Jimbo email

No comments: