Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Music Set 06-29-2008

We're involving the choir and a couple of videos from Vets, and the Boss is singing the national anthem in a really cool arrangement with his nice wife Mary on the keys while Harry is out for the week. Following that, we have two quick songs ( all links take you to a really close 'youtube' version of what our arrangement is like )

Marvelous Light from Passion 2005 We sometimes have trouble remembering how to start this one, but it's pretty close to what you'll see on the YT

I Am Free by Ross Parsley We play it pretty much note for note, but maybe about 5% faster. I enjoy the guitar parts in this song, but I have a little less 'The Edge' tone ( U2's guitar player) and actually use more edge: distortion/delay/Phase/Flanger/Gain ( just picked up a used MXR late model Phase 90 on ebay. Hope to get the R28 and C11/C12 mods done by Saturday). I'm tired of how hard it is to edit the parameters and then save them, only to need a former version later, so I'm using effects outside of Line 6, but you've heard me gripe about them before

and after the Sermon:
Take My Life for the invitation. Tomlin hits this just a little harder live than we do, but I ALWAYS like what Daniel Carson brings to the lead guitar at a Tomlin event. He's just plain awesome, and inspires me to play alot more, and to try and play better along the way.

Short, sweet, but lotsa fun in the time alloted. Sure it's about God, never said it wasn't, but we can have fun along the way, right?

Be Good!
Jimbo ( email )
II Chronicles 5:13

No comments: