Sunday, July 20, 2008

Whoa! Sunday July 19th, 2008

What a great event. The music was great, the preaching was PHENOMENAL! Thank you Dr. Reeves for an inspiring message about the definition and purpose of worship. Thank You Dr. Scott for leading worship. I always enjoy your performance of ' I am free '.

We did a new arrangement of Blessed Be Your Name this week. Instead of a slow-ish Matt Redman which is our std. bill of fare, we did a Newsong version (nice video here), that reminded me of some of Chris Tomlin's live cuts, the way Daniel Carson ( guitarist) can pull some U2-edge into a modern worship tune. We hit it in a big way, and it was killer! For invitation we played the Tomlin Amazing/Chains tune, cutting short at the end of invitation, and sending the folks out with the last chorus. The tag after the invitation was perfect, and better than 'the usual' by a long shot. Yes, I enjoy the usual, but what Scott pulled off was so much more meaningful.Again, beautiful job Scott. We all felt it, we all loved it. Yes, I know it's not about how WE feel, but how God feels. I hope God got a smile out of seeing us today.

JC

No comments: