Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tight

So I played with a different band tonight. We were tight! Their regular bass player was on vacation, and they needed a fill-in. A low key presentation of a handful of current tunes during an ordination of a new Free Will Baptist Pastor. I did something unusual. I played bass. Hadn't played a bass for real since November 2006. Just like riding a bike. Turns out I like my Conklin Bass alot more than I remember. Yes, it was expensive, but you get what you pay for (my Les Paul Honeyburst wasn't $399, and my Strat wasn't $149 either).

Anyhow, It was the first time I had every played 'God With Us' by Mercy Me. We hadn't rehearsed it, but the regular band members knew what was going on, so I walked in and played it off the chart, and we NAILED IT! No surprise twists in the song, just follow the chart, and let the song's message speak to the heart God intended it for.

I'm done ranting. Check out the other band

this post will be updated ASAP, and you'll see photos of the band

Jimbo

No comments: