Saturday, October 11, 2008

Guitar Lesson: I Am Free

Starring the most horrible pants I own



I'm at home recovering from my anterior cervical disc fusion ( note the white soft collar / neck brace in the video), and with LOTS of time on my hands, I made this video for vanderbilly.com . Clearly the Tony Stewart pants should not be allowed out of the house, even on video; but what's done is done. If you like this song you can use the above video to learn the Ross Parsley version , at least my idea of how to play it. Chances are you play better than me anyway, most folks do, but it's my first video all the same. Enjoy it, and forgive me for the wardrobe selection. Thank you to my friends for the amount of healing that has already happened thru your prayers. A minor thank you to the Gibson Guitar Co., for chambering the Les Paul model, otherwise it would be too heavy for me to lift, even to sit and play while I'm in recovery mode. For those of you headed to church Sunday morning to lift your voices and instruments toward God, count your blessings, and be grateful for what you have. Know that while I'm not on stage, my heart will be shouting the joy of knowing God and experiencing his love for each of us.

Jimbo

The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang:
"He is good; his love endures forever" . . II Chronicles 5:13 (NIV)

No comments: